Wednesday, May 31, 2017

What's Next On My List? Nine

Welcome to #MusicalMay! If you have followed my blog before, then you know that I am big musical fan. I just think that singing makes everything better, I really do. It is a sort of medicine to the soul. When two years ago I wrote about my favorites from Halloween to Christmas I still had many left on my list and I will cover a few of them this month! Enjoy the music.

For last review in this season I wanted to leave something that simply made me... go insane. It is still amazing to me the magic a musical can have on a person, the feelings, the poems, the story that can be told a thousand times better through music. And this movie is no exception:

Renouned director Guido Contini is about to start shooting his new movie, however, there is no script. Production begins within 24 hours and Guido lives his life haunted by the women of his past. His mother, his wife, his lover, his muse, his agent, and the actress he cast in the leading role of his movie. He is, however, stuck creatively and cannot seem to work. All these muses in his life and he cannot move ahead.

This movie is spectacular. I have no idea why the imdb rating is so low... the songs are out of this world and the actors... I mean just look at this line-up! The story is original, the story is unique, it has colors and choreography that transports you with it. This is something many times movie musicals completely mess up. Movies are different mediums so you have to come up with scenery that is more than a stage could offer and just as compelling as a live show. To me this show brought just that. If you loved Chicago you will love this movie. If you like any of these actors then you will like this movie. Really, I cannot think of a good reason why anyone wouldn't like it. Unless you are one of those people who doesn't like musicals. Then why the hell are you reading this review? You know what? You should watch the movie too! I recommend it to anyone who has ever struggled artistically or wishes to see the portrayal of Italian-Americans outside of the known stereotypical image Hollywood created for them. 


Watch it? Oh my god yes, how many times do I have to tell you? This movie is brilliant. Good movies win awards but remain undetected. This movie, unfortunately, falls into that category. But maybe with time people will come across it and see the beauty in it that I saw.

That was it for #MusicalMay, I hope you all enjoyed my reviews, you can got back to read them, they are everywhere among my entries!

Until the next item on my list!
_ _ _ _ _ _

Guido ContiniDaniel Day-Lewis
ClaudiaNicole Kidman
Luisa Contini - Marion Cotillard
Lili - Judi Dench
Mamma Sophia Loren
Stephanie Kate Hudson
Saraghina Fergie

No comments:

Post a Comment