Thursday, June 25, 2020

What's Next On My List? UglyDolls

Along with a series of old favorites, I am also trying to keep up with new things coming out. I am already a year late watching this movie, but oh my, I am so happy I finally got around to it. And I highly disagree with the rating of the film so I am gonna get you all to watch it again!
UglyDolls (2019)

Moxy (Kelly Clarkson), along with a few of her friends, travels to the world adjacent to theirs, so she can be adopted by a child and make their life full. A seemingly perfect doll, Lou (Nick Jonas), however, stands in her way, claming that she is in fact ugly, just does not know it, and children do not want ugly toys.

I saw the bad rating on imdb and I just... was it just the lack of proper marketing? This little movie has everything I ever wanted in a kids movie. The animation is wonderful, the characters are wholesome (and cuddly), the songs are not forced, and they have a great messages, not to mention the star studded cast, the wonderfully positioned comical moments, and finally the perfect twist at the end of the story. I cannot think of one thing that I did not love in this story. I do believe that the make over song, that really sings about how you are already beautiful and should make yourself pretty for yourself and no one else, has the best message. My favorite character was Giberish Cat, who has a literal name, and he just appeared out of nowhere and he got me laughing so hard I started to cry. And of course the best part of the story is how we all love the ugly dolls more than the perfect Barbi like ones that are being brainwashed into having the same personality. I have seen a lot of kids movies, but none of them hit all the right marks with me the way this one did. It is really... outstanding.

Please go watch it. I swear, the ratings are lying to you. If there are any kids movies your children should be learning self love from, it is this one. And the story has a few jokes just for the adult viewer, and they will not be disappointed, I promise!

Until the next item on my list!

No comments:

Post a Comment