Monday, April 15, 2019

What's Next On My List? Meet the Robinsons

I decided to write about a couple of cartoons that I think are massively underrated, despite the wonderful world they presented us. Growing up, I fell blessed to have had these stories teaching me valuable lessons.


"Lewis is a brilliant inventor who meets mysterious stranger named Wilbur Robinson, whisking Lewis away in a time machine and together they team up to track down Bowler Hat Guy in a showdown that ends with an unexpected twist of fate" (imdb).

I did not know what to expect with this movie and I just loved every second of it. First, the characters are adorable. Our main character, Lewis, is a genius inventor who lives in an orphanage. His continuous work bothers his roommate's everyday routines, but he is adamant on inventing something wonderful. One day a young boy shows up and takes him to the future, because there is a threat to his family that only Lewis can help with. He is welcomed into a family and an amazing world, that makes him even more anxious to do good in his own time, but that means making sure that he is no longer blind to the people around him. That including his roommate, as well as his teachers and fellow children at the orphanage. I liked the simple lesson, that just being a genius does not mean that one is good at everything. Lewis is still a boy and he has to learn to enjoy life, even if there are hardships. The adventure itself is mind blowing, with making everyone hopeful that our future will look like something straight out of this movie.
I thought about telling you more, however, the movie has wonderful twists in it and I think people should see it. I do not know anyone among my close friends who know about this movie, which goes to show that many missed out on something that is purely genius. It takes dreams we all have and turns them into reality. Just as wonderful as other Disney classics, but completely under the radar, unfortunately. Perhaps this small post will be able to spread the word!

Watch it? Obviously, at this point, you have no reason not to. If you like cartoons that are also for adults as well, you are in for a treat. Not to mention, that the time travel story line is enough to make all of our nerdy hearts melt with warmth.

Until the next item on my list!
_ _ _ _ _ _

Michael "Goob" Yagoobian - Matthew Josten
Bowler Hat Guy - Stephen J. Anderson
Lucille Krunklehorn - Laurie Metcalf
Cornelius - Tom Selleck

No comments:

Post a Comment