Thursday, July 20, 2017

What's Next On My List? Focus

There is one kind of movies that I love eternally - and those are the ones that manage to fool even me. That's why I love to read crime novels, I enjoy more than anything to try and figure out who the killer is, and if I'm wrong I'm not sad: I am even more excited that the writer managed to fool even me! That is why I LOVE movies that have a perfect crime in them, so I want to pay homage again to a series of perfect crime movies, which managed to amaze me every time I watch them. I wrote about the first five in 2013, and I now want to add another five to the list, going from 10 to 6. You can reach my old reviews at the bottom of this page!

My sister, knowing I was planning these reviews, showed me a movie that surprised her and she wished all throughout for it to have the perfect twist and success that I seek so I could add it to my list. Gotta say, this movie has become a favorite!

#7

Story is about a con-man, who teaches a young girl how to cheat and steal using mind tricks. He teaches her that the best way to con others is to make sure their attention is focused on something other than what they wish to steal or cheat them out of, whilst making sure that they themselves never lose sight of what is important. They argue on what is good or bad as far as stealing goes, but they all agree that to win big you need to aim high.

I just didn't know what to expect going in and the movie kept raising the bar over and over again, not to mention that it was hilarious... the final twist was simply spectacular. I have been a huge Margot Robbie fan since I saw her in Pan Am (click here to read my review!) and I never go looking for Will Smith movies, but I am always pleasantly surprised. Before you ask, no, I have not seen Suicide Squad, nor I intend to. I have read and heard about it enough to know that it isn't for me. The characters they play of course are completely different, needless to say, and they work together very well. The story makes fun of the well known heist movies as well as adding characters that were completely out of the norm. This was not just a stereotypical movie with a fun twist at the end, actually, it was a completely new experience to me. The scenery alone made it beautiful, and when you add how brilliantly they wrapped up the story, you won't regret that you started to watch it.

"- So what about the big con? I though you were all big time.
- Oh, you mean the one where we make so much money, we can all retire and get yachts and boob jobs? Now, that's a fantasy. We are in the volume business. It's safer that way."

Watch it? Yes, please. The rating completely missed on the sheer awesomeness of this movie. There is a lot more to it with details that even I didn't catch when I watched it for the first time. This is one of those films that has to be rewatched over and over again and that makes it a home-run for me!

Until the next item on my list!
_ _ _ _ _

Nicky Will Smith
Farhad - Adrian Martinez
Owens Gerald McRaney
Garriga Rodrigo Santoro
Liyuan BD Wong
 _ _ _ _ _ 

Perfect crime movies reviewed so far:

No comments:

Post a Comment